Monday, March 9, 2015

Advanced Modeling


Much Better!!

With more advanced modeling tools at my disposal I was able to improve upon my original Baymax model. The CV curves were a big help when it came to constructing the body and limbs as it allowed for smoother curve creation then simply pulling points. Once I constructed the main pieces, it was all a matter of pulling some simple points to make the model look cleaner. 


Rendered view

After I was finished modeling my Baymax, I added shaders. I mostly used Phong shaders as the original Baymax has some reflectivity to him. I only used lambert for his badge which is (if you look very close) on the right side upper corner of his chest. I worked for awhile with the shaders but in the end I couldn't make exactly like the original model. Phong seems to be a very reflective shader so when I try to turned the reflectivity of the shader it ended up looking greyish and weird. 



Baymax posing for the camera ;)

Once I had finished modeling my Baymax and applying shaders to him, I decided to work a little on his surroundings. I created a simple background 'sheet' by creating two CV curves and lofting them together. I then applied a simple lambert shader which I colored a light rose. However I was wasn't satisfied with with the flatness of the scene so I decide to add some lights and shadows. I added 2 point lights to create the allusion of duel shadows and then an ambient light in order to round out the lighting and shadows of the Baymax. 






No comments:

Post a Comment