Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Textures

My version
  
Reference

For this project, I tried to make dragon balls from Dragon ball Z. I used a Phong texture for the balls and then made them completely transparent so they would look like glass. Then I added a texture map so the balls would reflect the star patten. I also made the balls an orange color but because they were transparent, the color didnt really seem to show up. In order to fix this I added an orange plane on the bottom and behind the balls so they would reflect orange. I also added light to the scenes in order to add to the reflectivity. 
Glass is very hard to work with because if you don't get the lighting and the shadows just right, the glass doesn't look realistic. It took some playing around to get the glass to look okay but even now I'm not completely satisfied with it. Once I get better with the texture shaders I would like to revisit this project at a later date.



No comments:

Post a Comment