Friday, May 22, 2015

Low-Man Rigg


For the low-man rigg assignment, we were given an already pre-rigged character and then given the task to animate it using key frames. For my low-man animation I chose to make a short animation of an old man walking and gesturing. In preparation for this, I looked at various pictures and gifs of old men hunched over and walking in order to get the movement of my character right.
An example I used was the old man from the bank from mary poppins

His walk cycle was very animated and interesting
 After I studied some walk cycles and began animating my rigg. I wanted the character to be as animated as possible without looking too unrealistic so used subtle gestures such as hunching him over and giving him the gesture of holding a cane as well as moving his jaw up to give the appearance of him having no teeth. Overall, I was quite happy with how it turned out and my only draw back was not being able to make animation longer. I would have liked to have him walk just a little more forward and add more gestures to him in order to make the animation more complete but that could always be fixed at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment